Friday, July 16, 2010

Bummed Knee in Training


Well it is official I will be having my ACL reconstruction on Aug 11th. I am not sure why I feel stressed about it. I have had this surgery before, two times in fact. Maybe it is because I remember how painful it is or that I am going to have another scar to add to the many I already own. I keep thinking that the surgeon will get inside my knee and find something that is worse or that will be difficult to fix. I also have two little people to take care of. Hayden is already asking me questions about my "boo-bah" ( the name for boo boo' s at our house). He told me that it will make him sad to see me sick. This is sweet yet a little heartbreaking. I don't like worrying my kids or anybody for that matter. Today I decided that I am going to do everything in my power to make my recovery as quick as possible. My previous surgeon in Utah always told me that the best thing that I can do for my knees is to always keep the surrounding supportive muscles strong. I am making a pact with myself to go to the gym often to work on strengthening my leg muscles. My goal: focus on things that I can do to make the situation better, try not to worry about the things I cannot control, be as healthy as possible before my knee surgery, and be grateful that there is a solution to my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment