Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camping in the Upper Peninsula


This last week Dave and I took the kids camping in the Upper Peninsula. Yes, I said camping! I am sure in the back of your mind you are probably thinking, are those two crazy? We may just be...just a little bit. As you can see by the picture (which I think says it all) Dave and I had our hands full. Forget even trying to get a family photo...not gonna happen! The first night was pretty rough. Neither child wanted to go to sleep. Having a four year old that is extremely curious and a 16 month old that is now walking, and does not want to be restrained, makes for an interesting vacation. Dave and I decided to roll with it. I am happy to say that after a few days things were somewhat better. On our trip we visited the Upper and Lower Tahquamenon Falls as well as Whitefish Point to learn about some famous shipwrecks. All of us enjoyed making s'mores and roasting hot dogs over the fire...yummy! We dipped our toes in the cold Great Lake Superior water and played in the sand. On the way home we visited the Mackinac Lighthouse and admired the Mackinac Bridge from a far. The Upper Peninsula is absolutely beautiful and the Falls are breathtaking. I loved being outdoors and spending time with my adorable little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment