Saturday, August 21, 2010

Becoming a Soccer Mom?


This year Hayden showed an interest in soccer so I signed him up for the Kiddie Kickers. I am not sure if this makes me an official soccer mom, but I might be on my way. Hayden's team name is the bumblebees. His first game was today and it was so much fun. I think that all the parents had a good laugh and enjoyed watching all the four and five year olds trying to figure out the game. The focus was on learning basic soccer skills, listening to instruction from the coach, remembering which goal to kick the ball into, and being a good sport. I was so proud of how well Hayden followed directions and went out of his way to make friends with his teammates. He even almost made a goal! Most of the kids ran out of steam after the first half and were focusing on other things besides the game. It was very cute in my opinion. Hayden really liked how everybody cheered for his team and he thought his shin guards were really cool. He said "they are like armor,like what iron man wears!"


No comments:

Post a Comment