Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy 13th Wedding Anniversary


Dave and I are celebrating 13 years of marriage. Wow I cannot believe I am saying that. Dave and I dated for about 4 1/2 years before that. As I am looking back over all these years I can't help but think of all the miracles in my life. I also am reminded of the amazing person I chose to marry. I can't think of anything more beautiful than being married to my best friend. We have accomplished so much together. Dave and I met at Weber State University. I can still remember the day that he came up to me and asked me to watch his stuff in the union building. I had thought about asking him to watch my stuff while I went to get my lunch, but I thought that would be really weird. We talked forever that day and I think that Dave even missed a few classes. We talked about our degrees and goals and all kinds of things, even marriage. He never did ask me for my phone number so when he left to go to work I thought well it was nice talking to him. Maybe I will see him around campus. After that day I admit I did not think much about him. I was very focused on school and I was going through an identity crisis. I was not really wanting to meet anyone and my heart at that time belonged to somebody else. Apparently when Dave went home he talked to his mother about this amazing girl that he had met. He was on cloud nine. His mom asked him if he asked for my number. Nope! Then began Dave's journey to find me again. He said it was the closest thing he had ever done to stalking. Anyway, I don't think that I saw him for several months. Then one day I was in the union building again and he asked me for my number. He had to coerce me into going on a date with him. The only way I would go out with him was if it was a study date. Man I feel like a nerd. He also talked me into going snowmobiling with him. The rest is history. I am so glad he was so persistent. One of my favorite memories is when he went and read the list of who was accepted into the Radiology Technology program for me. I just couldn't look at the list. I had worked so hard and if I didn't get in I was sure I would throw up. Way to take one for the team honey! I am happy to say that I was accepted into the program and graduated with honors. I also was accepted into the ultrasound program and graduated with honors again. Graduating from college was a very proud moment for me. I knew then that I would always be able to take care of myself no matter what. I was also very grateful that Dave believed in my dreams as much as I did. Dave graduated from Weber with his mechanical engineering degree and later from Utah State University with his MBA. I feel like Dave and I have grown up together. In the fall of 2001 Dave and I decided to take a chance and move to Michigan. We had big dreams and it was time to pursue them. We thought the sky was the limit. One day several years ago Dave's mom called me and asked me if I would like Dave's teddy bear and boyscout shirt. If you know me at all you know that I am a very sentimental person so of course the answer was yes. I practically fell over and chills ran up and down my body when I opened the package. I could not believe it! Dave and I had the same teddy bear! They practically look like twins. The fur is all loved off, the noses are just gobs of glue, and the eyes are scratched. These bears were definitely loved. I guess it is true that "everything that I need to know about life I learned from my teddy bear." I knew at that moment that our love was written in the stars and that we were meant to be together. Our lives parallel so much but I do not have a whole day to dedicate to my blog. The best thing that has come from our love is our two beautiful children. Hayden and Kendal are both miracles and I am so eternally grateful for them. Hayden was born on January 6, 2006. He is the sweetest little boy and I am indeed glad I was chosen to be his mother. Kendal made an emergency entrance into this world 10 weeks early on March 7, 2009. We have no doubt that God was watching over her and her precious life. All of our prayers were answered and everything went right although it was an uphill climb. She is destined for great things in this world I am sure. Even though we have had many bumps in the road we have traveled, I have loved every experience good or bad. I can't imagine a better person to lean on than my wonderful husband. I love being married to Dave and look forward to the many years ahead. I love you Dave more than you will ever know. You are my lobster, my mate for life, walking claw in claw along the ocean floor. Happy Anniversary! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment