Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Saying goodbye to grandma and grandpa Rackham and having surgery

Having mixed emotions this morning. I always seem to have a heavy heart when I know that our family visitors have to go home. All of us have had such a wonderful and memorable time with grandma and grandpa Rackham. They are leaving today and we are all very sad. We will have many fond memories of our visit to the Detroit zoo, playing UNO attacks, and enjoying our day at Walters lake. Dave and I are very thankful and grateful that we were able to go to the movies and to the Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith concert. We love date nights and it is even better when you know that your babies are well taken care of. It has been so nice having family here again. As always it is hard to say goodbye as we are reminded about what we are missing out on. Hayden and Kendal love their grandparents so much and enjoyed their special company. I am also feeling apprehensive about my knee surgery today. I have been praying that all is going to go well and that there won't be any complications. Hayden and I had a good talk about my "boo-bah" last night and he told me not to worry because he was going to help Daddy take care of me. He has such a sweet and tender heart. I know that he is worried about me. I also know that I can borrow his yellow dog anytime if I need extra support. I am feeling very comforted that Dave is going to be by my side. He has been with me through so many knee surgeries and I am glad he will be there with me today. Looking forward to our next visit with family and having my knee surgery over with. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment