Friday, August 20, 2010

A very rough week.

You know those days when you are feeling really down and overwhelmed by the things going on in your life, and if anything else slightly bad happens you might just break? I have been having a lot of those types of days lately. I feel like I am being constantly tested to see what else I am capable of handling. Just when I feel like things are getting under control, one more trial is added to the pile. After my knee surgery last week things were going pretty well until Hayden came down with a bug, then Dave came down with the same bug, and then as expected I came down with the stink'n bug. We had to juggle our schedules constantly and ask for special favors even though we knew it would be an inconvenience. Things are really crazy for Dave at work and he is trying to take care of all of us and do his job. I am unable to bear weight on my right leg so taking care of little people and not being able to drive anywhere is very stressful. It doesn't help when you are in a lot of pain either. At my doctors appointment on Thursday the doctor told me that he thought I might have a blood clot (DVT-deep vein thrombosis) in my leg. Being a vascular sonographer I know how serious that is. You would have thought that he told me that the world was ending. Dave was out in the car watching Kendal and Hayden so I had to go and break the news to him that he would have to take me to yet another appointment to have a Doppler ultrasound. As I am apologizing for adding more stress to his life he tells me "don't worry about it, you are worth it." I don't think I could ask for a better husband. I obviously have not been focusing on the positive. All that I could think about was what am I going to do if I have a blood clot? The chances of it were pretty good. The ultrasound ended up being negative for a DVT but showed a hematoma (thank goodness). I have been feeling the pain of not having family close by to help. Dave and I feel very blessed to have awesome friends to play the part. We have had very generous people bring us meals, babysit our kids, and help us get to the places we need to be. I must also mention the flowers, plants, fruit arrangements, and cards that were sent. I am not even sure they will ever know what a great blessing to us they have been and how good it made us feel. Some of the smallest things can make the world of difference in a persons life. So to all of you who read this that have been such an amazing help. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! I am feeling a lot better about our situation and have pledged to focus on the positive and remember that I am surrounded by so many who care. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment